The event, organised by Plymouth's Royal Western Yacht Club, was the world's first solo ocean race and was the result of a bet between Sir Francis Chichester and Mr Blondie Hasler.
What does RWYC stand for?
RWYC stands for Royal Western Yacht Club (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Read, Write, Execute
- Read, Write, Execute, Delete
- Royal Wessex Yeomanry (British Territorial Army regiment)
- Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry (est. 1794)
- Ready When You Are
- Remember Who You Are
- Right Where You Are (Jack & Jack song)
- Run What Ya Brung (racing)
- Runway Condition Code (aircraft regulation)
- Restricted Weapons Zone
- Zeitschrift für Recht und Rechnungswesen (German: Journal of Law and Accounting; Austria)
- Radiant Crossover (Lexus)
- Radiation Experiments
- Radio (Morse Code abbreviation)
- Radix (Latin: Root; derivation of prescription)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Race organisers the Royal Western Yacht Club said: "Whatever happened to ruling the waves?