Griffiths, from Cardiff, was commissioned for the portrait by the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society and the painting was shown to the Prince by the society's Dr Emrys Evans, who said it was intended to convey the affection, admiration and heartfelt gratitude for his support for the society and the farming industry.
What does RWAS stand for?
RWAS stands for Royal Welsh Agricultural Society (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RWAS
- Room with A Moose (website)
- Rice Watch and Action Network (Philippines)
- Rabbit Whey Acidic Protein
- Rat Whey Acidic Protein
- Rebel Without a Pause (Public Enemy song)
- Regional Wetland Action Plan (various locations)
- Room within a Room (soundproofing)
- Rwanda Rural Rehabilitation Initiative
- Rotary-Wing Aviator Refresher Training
- Robust Wake-Up Active Squelch
- Runway, Wind, Altimeter, Supplementary information, Hold instructions (given to aircraft by US Army ATC)
- Rotary Wing Aircraft Sustainment Program
- Retroperitoneal White Adipose Tissue (biochemistry)
- Routing and Wavelength Assignment with Tunnel Allocation
- Rotary Wing Aircraft Test Directorate (helicopter test department at Patuxent River, MD)
- Rural Water Association of Utah (Alpine, UT)
- Room With A View
- Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (Australia)
- Racing and Wagering Board
- Rauh Welt Begriff (German: Rough World Concept; Porsche tuner; Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pentre, the home farm of 2012 Royal Welsh Agricultural Society president John Davies, has previously hosted events for the National Sheep Association and will devote around 100 acres to this first Royal Welsh Grassland Event, organised as part of Breconshire's featured county programme in the run-up to the Royal Welsh Show in July.
SOLE winner of this year's Royal Welsh Agricultural Society scholarship has gone to Llanrwst farmer's son Emyr Owen of Bodrach Farm, Carmel.
The second attempt will, liKe the first, be in memory of DicK Moseley, honorary treasurer of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society for nearly 40 years.
The Royal Welsh Agricultural Society is inviting entries for its annual essay competition called 'Rural Wales - Future Threats and Opportunities'.
As president of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society in 2008, he charmed audiences at the Royal Welsh Show, just as he has in a singing career which spanned five gold discs.
Businessman Mr Thomas, who is chairman of airports group TBI, is this year's President of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society, which hosts the Royal Welsh show in Builth Wells each year.
EUROPEAN Union Agriculture Commissioner Dacian Ciolos accepted a Royal Welsh Agricultural Society tie in advance of his visit to the popular four-day show held at Llanelwedd, Mid Wales, in July.