Miss Kelly, who is said to have retained her Liverpool accent, was named a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order in the Diamond Jubilee Honours list and is understood to have forged a close bond with the Queen since entering her service in 1993.
What does RVO stand for?
RVO stands for Royal Victorian Order (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RVO
We have 22 other meanings of RVO in our Acronym Attic
- Recycled Vegetable Oil
- Regional Veterinary Officer (UK)
- Remediation Venture Office (US Army)
- Remote Virtual Office (Citrix Systems computing)
- Renewable Volume Obligation (US EPA)
- Representatieve Vakorganisaties
- Request for Variation Order (prior to VO approval)
- Retinal Vein Occlusion (eye condition)
- Return Value Optimization
- Rhonda's Virtual Office (Cincinnati, OH)
- Runway Visibility by Observer
- Russian Virtual Observatory
- Recreational Vehicle Owners' Association of British Columbia (Canada)
- Residential Voice Over Broadband
- Reactive Volatile Organic Compound
- Research Vessel Operators Council
- Real Video on Demand (video viewing system)
- Ryan Vanderveen or Die
- Reconocimiento de Validez Oficial de Estudios (Mexican education)
- Redwood Valley Outdoor Education Project (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Well the Queen's gone one better for the Duchess of Cornwall's seventh anniversary by giving her a Dame Grand Cross to wear on her chest, the highest female rank in the Royal Victorian Order.
Awards under the Royal Victorian Order are in the Queen's personal gift and are bestowed independently of Downing Street.
Sir James Hawley was appointed Lord-Lieutenant in 1993 and became a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in The Queen's birthday honours in 2010.
ROYAL VICTORIAN ORDER LVO The Honourable Virginia Carington.
Yet instead of booting him out at the height of the Epstein scandal earlier this year, the Queen rewarded her favourite son with the highest honour for chivalry, the Royal Victorian Order, and let him step down quietly during the most dramatic news week in recent memory.
Impressed with his service during her visits, the Queen made him a member of the Royal Victorian Order, an order of knighthood recognizing those who have served the sovereign with distinction.
He held the office of Vice Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire between 1989 and 1994 and was invested as a Knight Commander, Royal Victorian Order in 1994.