In July 2011, Mr Hammond announced five infantry battalions, including 2nd Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers would be disbanded in an attempt to reduce the size of the Army by 20,000 troops.
What does RRF stand for?
RRF stands for Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (A British Regiment)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RRF
We have 72 other meanings of RRF in our Acronym Attic
- Reservation Request Form
- Reserve Response Force (Australia)
- Residual Resistance Factor (water ratio)
- Resource Request Form (various organizations)
- Results and Resources Framework (UN Development Programme)
- Retention Recommendation Form
- Retirement Research Foundation
- Ribosome Releasing Factor (protein)
- Risk Reduction Factor
- Riverfront Redevelopment Fund (Bay City, Michigan)
- Racines et Rameaux Français d'Acadie
- random resistant fault analysis
- Richlands Recreational Football Association (Richlands, NC)
- Rolling River Festival of the Arts
- Roto-Rooter Franchisee Association (Virginia City, NV)
- Regional Recreational Fishing Advisory Committee (Australia)
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (pedestrian street crossings)
- Resource Recovery Fund Board, Inc.
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band
- Raith Rovers Football Club (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "It is with great sadness that the MoD must confirm that a soldier from 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers has died in an incident in Cyprus.
HUNDREDS of veterans marched on Parliament yesterday in protest at the bid to axe a battalion of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (RRF) amid claims it defied "military logic".
Voice of the Mirror: Page 8 RATS 3 MERCIAN (the Staffords) is the armoured infantry element of the Desert Rats who repelled the Nazis in North Africa 5 RIFLES AROUND 100 riflemen - along with 200 from the Afghan National Army - launched a huge offensive recently against the Taliban ROYAL THE Royal Regiment of Fusiliers was formed when the four English fusilier battalions were amalgamated.
Sgt Simon Valentine, 29, was flying beside L/Cpl James Fullarton, Fusilier Simon Annis and Fusilier Louis Carter, all of 2nd Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.
Three soldiers, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died Sunday following an explosion while on patrol near Sangin in southern Helmand province, the Ministry of Defence said.
The soldier, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died from injuries sustained while out on foot patrol Saturday near Sangin in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan.
The soldiers from the 2nd Royal Regiment of Fusiliers were all "out of bounds", because service personnel were banned from the town centre after the rape and murder of Danish tour guide Louise Jensen by British servicemen in 1994.