Good-quality recordings from Elvis Presley and the Royal Crown Revue were impressively clear and powerful, while lower-quality recordings by Sam & Dave and Louis Jordan sounded a bit thin or tinny.
What does RCR stand for?
RCR stands for Royal Crown Revue (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RCR
We have 136 other meanings of RCR in our Acronym Attic
- Rocket City Ramble
- Room Cavity Ratio (lighting calculation)
- Room Condition Report
- Rose City Rollers (Oregon)
- Rotate Carry Right
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Rothamsted Collection of Rhizobium (Harpenden, UK)
- ROV Component Replacement
- Royal Canadian Regiment
- Royal College of Radiologists (UK; also seen as RCOR)
- Royal Crystal Rock (All the World, crystalware)
- Ruby Change Request (Ruby programming language)
- Rugby Club Revélois (French rugby club)
- Runway Condition Reading
- Runway Condition Report
- Russian Chemical Reviews (journal; est. 1960)
- Receive Control Register 1
- Rainbow County Restaurants Association (est. 2008)
- Red Cedar Repeater Association (Menomonie, WI)
- Resort and Commercial Recreation Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
All of this and more comes in the strappy package that goes by the name of Royal Crown Revue (RCR).
Many of them come from the Royal Crown Revue band, a swing band in L.
Royal Crown Revue, an American band premiering on Friday, has performed alongside musical greats such as Kiss' Gene Simmons and Bette Midler.
For more information about the Royal Crown Revue go to www.
The quality though is right up there, ranging as it does from Death Cab For Cutie's power pop ballad Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Ivy's string quartet arrangement Christmas Time Is Here, Lisa Loeb's slinky Jingle Bells and Royal Crown Revue who reinvigorate the whole lounge swing thing with Baby It's Cold Outside.