Rough order-of-magnitude estimates suggest that in 2010, hypnotics may have been associated with 320,000-507,000 ex cess deaths in the United States alone, the investigators reported.
What does ROME stand for?
ROME stands for Rough Order-of-Magnitude Estimate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ROME
We have 5 other meanings of ROME in our Acronym Attic
- Rocky Mountain Center On the Environment
- Ruins of Myth Drannor (computer game)
- Races of Middle-Earth
- Rape Oil Methylesther
- Reception & Onward Movement, Europe
- Reconnaissance Operations Management Enterprise (US DoD)
- Remotely Operated Mobile Excavator
- Reorientation of Medical Education
- Répertoire Opérationnel des Métiers et des Emplois (French: Operational List of Duties and Jobs; National Agency for Employment)
- Respiratory Opposite, Metabolic Equal (medical mnemonic)
- Robotics and Mechanics Laboratory (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- Reference Our Memorandum
- Real Old Motorcyclists Eating Out
- Retired Old Men Eating Out
- Rights Metadata for Open Archiving
- Reference Our Message
- Reuters Order Management for Exchange (business software tool)
- Remaking of Mumbai Federation (India)
- Run Off Mother Figure (polite form)
- Rolling on My Floor Laughing
Samples in periodicals archive:
The $24 billion figure he cited is the rough order-of-magnitude estimate for the entire Deepwater program over its twenty- to thirty-year programmed period of investment.
However, the contractor stated that (1) its analysis was based on rough order-of-magnitude estimates and (2) NNSA should not use its cost estimates to predict budget-level project costs.