This initiated USACE involvement in the effort, with the task to develop a rough order of magnitude for the damage and potential reconstruction of Pakistan.
What does ROM stand for?
ROM stands for Rough Order of Magnitude (estimate)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ROM
We have 172 other meanings of ROM in our Acronym Attic
- Risk and Opportunity Management (various locations)
- Risk of Mortality
- Rivers of Mud
- Roll-Over Mortgage (finance)
- Romanian (language)
- Rome (Amtrak station code; Rome, NY)
- Rome, Italy - Leonardo Da Vinci / Fiumicino (Airport Code)
- Rookie of the Month (various sports)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These numbers serve as a rough order of magnitude calculation.
The rough order of magnitude for this design was calculated at $112 million, pending further analysis and refinements.
With the extensive list of potential suppliers, rough order of magnitude (ROM) costs for a cross-section of representative parts were solicited for tooling, casting, inspection and testing, and machining and finishing.