The rotavirus vaccine would be in the form of oral drops at 6 and 14 weeks, Dr Bingwor said.
What does RVV stand for?
RVV stands for Rotavirus Vaccine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVV
We have 21 other meanings of RVV in our Acronym Attic
- Resource Valuation and Use Research (USDA Forest Service)
- Round Valley Unified School District (Apache County, AZ)
- Radio Vallées Vosges (French radio station)
- Rancho Vista del Valle (horse ranch; Hemet, CA)
- Rasisminvastainen Verkosto
- Recombinant Vaccinia Virus
- Regroupement pour une Ville sans Voiture
- Rencontres de Virologie Végétale (French: Plant Virology Conference; est. 1987)
- Reverted Vandalism (wikis)
- Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders)
- Ruby Vgap Viewer
- Runway Visibility Value
- Russell's Viper Venom Factor X Activator
- Ramona Valley Vineyard Association (Ramona, CA)
- Roanoke Valley Volleyball Association (Roanoke, VA)
- Recurrent Idiopathic Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- River Valley Vision Centers (Minnesota)
- Russell Viper Venom Clotting Time
- Relative Vascular Volume Fraction
- Running Very Very Fast
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new data informed a recent global recommendation of rotavirus vaccine by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
To assess the potential impact of these vaccines in sub-Saharan Africa, where rotavirus mortality is high, knowledge of prevalent types is essential because an effective rotavirus vaccine is needed to protect against prevailing serotypes in the community, the Lancet journal reported.
Ongoing hospital-based surveillance during 2006 in 3 regional countries that had not introduced rotavirus vaccine (El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras) showed that PG2 was the predominant circulating strain (prevalence 68%-81%).
When a safe, effective rotavirus vaccine is ready for prime time, it will be a natural addition to that list.
However, the new structural findings suggest how researchers might engineer a different type of rotavirus vaccine consisting only of immune-triggering protein, said Harrison.
We identified 21 rotaviruses in 129 patients with diarrhea in a Brazilian city with high rotavirus vaccine coverage, All rotaviruses were genotype PG2 with 1 mixed infection with P[NT]G9.
For example, Wyeth Laboratories tested the rotavirus vaccine on 10,000 infants before it received governmental approval.
provide a succinct update on rotavirus vaccines currently in development and human trials.
A rotavirus vaccine exists, but it hasn't been approved for general use.