Byline: ANI Washington, September 23 (ANI): A high-school student from West Virginia, US, analyzing data from a giant radio telescope, has discovered a new astronomical object - a strange type of neutron star called a rotating radio transient.
What does RRAT stand for?
RRAT stands for Rotating RAdio Transient
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RRAT
We have 2 other meanings of RRAT in our Acronym Attic
- Repair, Resale and Reuse Council (California Resource Recovery Association)
- Radio Frequency Resonance Absorption
- Red Rock Audubon Society (Nevada)
- Redwood Region Audubon Society (est. 1969; Eureka, CA)
- Registrant Risk Assessment Scale
- Request Reissue of Assessment (UK)
- Routing and Remote Access Service
- Reproductive Rights Activist Service Corps (summer internship program; Massachusetts)
- Rapid Risk Assessment for Sex Offense Recidivism
- Rodenticide Risk Assessment Technical (Advisory Committee on Pesticides; UK)
- Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee (Australia)
- Random Races Algorithm for Traffic Engineering
- Rhodesian Ridgeback Association of Western New York, Incorporated (South Wales, NY)
- Radar Reflective Balloon
- Radio Regulations Board
- Radio Russkij Berlin (German radio station)
- Radio Rythme Bleu (French radio station; New Caledonia)
- Railroad Business (mail)
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Railway Recruitment Board (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The newfound objects, dubbed rotating radio transients (RRATs), may be cousins of the radio pulsars, the discovery team suggests.