Nabilone's pain-reducing effects are believed to result from the drug's binding to cannabinoid-1 receptors in the periaqueductal gray matter of the midbrain, the rostral ventrolateral medulla, and the superficial layers of the dorsal root ganglia and spinal dorsal horn.
What does RVLM stand for?
RVLM stands for Rostral Ventrolateral Medulla
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of RVLM in our Acronym Attic
- Robot Vision Laboratory (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Rolling Vertical Landing
- Resynchronizing Variable Length Code
- Reversible Variable Length Code
- Rhein Valley Legion Chapter (Germany)
- Reactor Vessel Level Control System (Triconex)
- Riordan Volunteer Leadership Development Program (Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce; California)
- Retour Vers Le Futur (Back to the Future)
- Reactor Vessel Level Indication System (nuclear)
- Rancocas Valley Little League (baseball; Mt. Holly, NJ)
- Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations (UK)
- Round Valley Lake Resort (California)
- Recurrent Vesicular Lichen Simplex
- Republican Valley Library System (Nebraska)
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics
- Rainier Vista Leadership Team (Seattle, WA)
- Raisin Valley Land Trust (Adrian, MI)
- Revolution (Nintendo WII game)
- Revolutionary Vertical Lift Technology (aeronautics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This phenomenon includes the PVN hypothalamic nucleus (29) and the dorsomedial and rostral ventrolateral medulla (30) as well as the medullary nucleus of the solitary tract (NTS).