North Carolina historically reports some of the highest annual case counts of Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF) and has accounted for >20% of total cases reported in the United States during the past 30 years (1-4).
What does RMSF stand for?
RMSF stands for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RMSF
We have 5 other meanings of RMSF in our Acronym Attic
- Root Mean Square Error of Estimation
- Risk Management Self-Evaluation Framework (US DOT)
- Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning
- Rocky Mountain Synod Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (Denver, CO)
- Root Mean Square Error of Prediction
- Root Mean Square Error of Validation
- Ramsey Medical Society Foundation (Minnesota)
- Rat Milk Soluble Fraction
- Reconciliation of Movements in Shareholders' Funds (pricing)
- Regional Maritime Security Force (Pakistan)
- Root-Mean-Squared Fluctuation
- Rocky Mountain Steel Fabricators Association
- Random Map Script Guide (gaming)
- Resource Management Solutions Group (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Risk Management Steering Group
- Rocky Mountain Sod Growers (est. 1973)
- Rocky Mountain State Games (Colorado)
- Rocky Mountain Survival Group (now Survival & Self-Reliance Studies Institute)
- Rocky Mountain Sod Growers Association
- Reliability, Maintainability, Safety, Human Factors
Samples in periodicals archive:
SAN DIEGO -- Cases of Rocky Mountain spotted fever increased nearly threefold between 2001 and 2005, John Openshaw reported at the annual meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
The poor sensitivity of the Weft-Felix test is now well demonstrated for the diagnosis of Rocky mountain spotted fever (RMSF) (10-13) MSF (14), murine typhus, epidemic typhus (15) and scrub typhus (16).
Have travellers only got themselves to blame if they go braving the hazards of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Rift Valley fever or West Nile Virus?