The Robert Stobie Spectrograph (University of Wisconsin) was been found to have low throughput generally, but especially in the UV, where it had been expected to provide a unique capability.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Robert Stobie Spectrograph (Southern African Large Telescope)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Rich Site Summary
- Rich Site Syndication (aka Realtime Site Syndication)
- Rig Site Survey (energy exploration)
- Rigid Spine Syndrome
- Ring Segment System
- Ritscher-Schinzel Syndrome
- Riverside Secondary School
- Road Safety Scotland (UK)
- Roaming Service Setup
- Robert Service School (Canada)