Direction of shunt: *bidirectional shunt implies right ventricular pressure is equal to left ventricular pressure *right-to-left shunt implies right ventricular pressure higher than left ventricular pressure and child will be cyanotic (Eisenmenger).
What does RVP stand for?
RVP stands for Right Ventricular Pressure (cardiovascular surgery)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVP
We have 75 other meanings of RVP in our Acronym Attic
- Renal Vein Pressure
- Rendezvous Point
- Rendezvous Vector Protocol
- Requirements Verification Plan
- Research Valley Partnership (College Station, TX)
- Réseau Virtuel Privé (French: Virtual Private Network; computer networking)
- Residual Video Phase
- Respiratory Virus Panel
- Retail Variance Price
- Reverse Post
- Rijksdienst voor Pensioenen (Dutch: National Office for Pensions; Belgium)
- River Valley Project (India)
- Robin van Persie (soccer player)
- Ross Valley Players (Ross, CA)
- Ross Van Pelt (commercial photographer)
- Royal Variety Performance
- Ryan Van Poederooyen (Canadian drummer)
- Retour Veineux Pulmonaire Anormal (French: Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return)
- Ross Valley Paramedic Authority (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the echocardiogram showed no evidence of intracardiac shunt, elevated right ventricular pressure leading to high atrial pressures could create a temporary opening of the PFO, only to close when the right ventricular pressure decreased to equal the pressure of the left atrium; however, the patient had significantly elevated right-heart pressure when the echo was performed and still showed no PFO.
32 L/min) were also within normal limits, and no signs of pulmonary hypertension were pointed out (mean right ventricular pressure [+ or -] SD, 23.