This type of right ventricular failure is characterized by the same symptomatology as right ventricular failure resulting from left ventricular failure.
What does RVF stand for?
RVF stands for Right Ventricular Failure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVF
We have 28 other meanings of RVF in our Acronym Attic
- Racial Volunteer Force (neo-Nazi group)
- Racing V-Four (motorcycle engine)
- Rated Voltage Factor
- Rational Valuation Formula (economics)
- Regio-Verkehrsbund Freiburg (Freiburg, Germany)
- Relaxed Vector Fitting (algorithm)
- Remote Virtual File (protocol)
- Residual Volume Fraction
- Retroversion-Flexion (uterine position)
- Rift Valley Fever (febrile disease caused by a virus)
- River Valley Flyers (Wisconsin)
- Right Visual Field of the Left Hemisphere
- Right Visual Field and Left Hemisphere (spatial processing)
- Right Visual Hemifield Advantage
- Real-Valued Function Class
- Recycled Vertical Flow Constructed Wetland (recycling method)
- Rio Vista Fire Department (Rio Vista, CA)
- Rockville Volunteer Fire Department (Rockville, MD)
- Ross Valley Fire Department (San Anselmo, CA)
- Rural Volunteer Fire Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some subjects examined include right ventricular failure in cardiac surgery, reversible left ventricular dysfunction, and the association between implantable cardioverter defibrillator shocks and heart failure.
In the presence of right ventricular failure, the right ventricle cannot accommodate the systemic venous return, and blood backs up in the systemic venous system, causing systemic vascular pressures to rise.
The patient was made aware that acute right ventricular failure secondary to PE was not a licensed use for levosimendan but that given the high risks of invasive intervention and the patient's deterioration despite full medical therapy, we felt levosimendan represented a logical and safe therapeutic option.