It removes chapters on selected types of aphasia and adds chapters on brain basics; theoretical underpinnings; neurogenic communication disorders in acute care hospital settings; assistive technology; treatment effectiveness and evidence-based practice; comprehension, syntax, and linguistic-based disorders; communication pragmatics and discourse; cultural, linguistic, and quality-of-life concerns; and specific syndromes like right hemisphere damage, dementias, and traumatic brain injury, with a focus on poly-trauma and blast injuries.
What does RHD stand for?
RHD stands for Right Hemisphere Damage (brain injury)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RHD
We have 80 other meanings of RHD in our Acronym Attic
- Removable Hard Disk
- Research Higher Degree
- Réseau Haut Débit (French: Broadband Network)
- Resources for Human Development (various locations)
- Response Hold Delay
- Restauration Hors-Domicile
- Revue Historique de Droit Français et Étranger (French: Historical Review of French and Foreign Law)
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Right Hand Dominant
- Right Hand Drive
- Right Hip Disarticulation
- Roads and Highways Department (Bangladesh)
- Robbery Homicide Division
- Robust High Density
- Roller Hockey Dijon (French roller hockey club)
- Rural Health Development (various locations)
- Recombinant Human Intestinal Defensin 5
- Random House Dictionary 2nd Unabridged Edition
- Root Hair Defective 3 (protein)
- Realtek High Definition Audio
Samples in periodicals archive:
Motor deficits after left or right hemisphere damage due to stroke or tumor.
Yet, despite the fact that emotional functioning can be similar in some alcoholics and people with right hemisphere damage, research provides only equivocal support for the hypothesis that alcoholism affects the functioning of the right hemisphere more than the left (Oscar-Berman and Schendan 2000).