He was initially considered to be a situational pass rusher, but quickly established himself as a three-down player and will be the Patriots' starting right defensive end when the season opens.
What does RDE stand for?
RDE stands for Right Defensive End (pro football)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RDE
We have 54 other meanings of RDE in our Acronym Attic
- Research Development and Extension
- Research in Dance Education (project; US Department of Education)
- Réseau de Développeurs Economiques (French: Economic Developer Network)
- Réseau des Données de l'Environnement (French: Network Data Environment)
- Responsible Design Engineer
- Retail, Dining, and Entertainment
- Reuse-Driven Development Environment
- Review of Development Effectiveness
- Rheinmetall Defence Electronics (German military weapons supplier)
- Riccati Differential Equation
- Rigid Discharge Electrode
- Ripe Digital Entertainment (est. 2005)
- Robust Design Engineering
- Rotating Disk Electrode
- Route Determination Entity
- Royal Devon and Exeter (UK)
- Rule Developing Experimentation (from the book Selling Blue Elephants)
- Research, Development, Engineering & Quality
- Remote Diagnostics Enabling Agent (Hewlett-Packard Development Company)
- Rhea Dayton Education Association (Benton, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The following season, Selvie bulked up to nearly 240 pounds, and after a couple of trials at center, he was inserted into the starting lineup at right defensive end.
Right defensive end Chris Grammel forced the fumble, nearly dropping the quarterback in the end zone for a safety before stripping the ball instead.
That includes practices, during which the right defensive end is often matched up with Oregon's starting left offensive tackle, Adam Snyder.
Brandon won't back down from anybody," said Bill Swancutt, the OSU starting right defensive end.