Symptoms, signs and ECG findings in pulmonary arterial hypertension Symptoms Signs ECG findings Dyspnoea on Tachypnoea Right atrial hypertrophy exertion Fatigue Tachycardia Right ventricular hypertrophy Chest pain Distended neck veins R/S ratio >1 in V1 Syncope Left parasternal Deep S waves in precordial lift leads Palpitations Audible tricuspid Right atrial enlargement regurgitation murmur shows peaked P waves in inferior leads Lower Ascites Extremity Lower extremity Swelling oedema Medication for PAH includes: diuretics, anticoagulants, phosphodiesterase V inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, bosentan and sildenafil.
What does RAE stand for?
RAE stands for Right Atrial Enlargement
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RAE
We have 70 other meanings of RAE in our Acronym Attic
- Regulatory Authority for Energy
- Remedial Action Exemption (medical products; US FDA)
- Research Assessment Exercise
- Research, Assessment and Evaluation (various locations)
- Reserve Assignment Eligibility
- Residue After Evaporation
- Resumen Analítico Educativo (Spanish)
- Retinol Activity Equivalent (nutrition)
- Revue Archéologique de l'Est (French: Archaeological Review of the East; journal)
- Right Above Elbow (amputation)
- Right of Assistance Entry (US DoD)
- Ring-Adair-Elwyn (endotracheal tube used in orofacial surgery)
- Rire Aux Eclats (French: laughing out loud)
- Rising American Electorate
- Routes AstroEngineering, Inc (Ottawa, Canada)
- Royal Academy of Engineering (UK)
- Royal Aeronautical Establishment
- Royal Aerospace Establishment
- Royal Aircraft Establishment
- Royal Australian Engineers
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, patients with transposition of the great arteries or single ventricle who have undergone Mustard, Senning, or Fontan procedures are more prone to develop this arrhythmia because of atrial scars from surgery and right atrial enlargement (1, 2).
Clinical assessment of patients with possible PAH includes an electrocardiogram, which may show changes in the right ventricle, including right axis deviation, right atrial enlargement, and right ventricular hypertrophy, Dr.