Furthermore, in cell cultures, it was found to inhibit the growth of other deadly viruses, like Ebola, Nipah and the Rift Valley Fever virus.
What does RVF stand for?
RVF stands for Rift Valley Fever (febrile disease caused by a virus)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVF
We have 28 other meanings of RVF in our Acronym Attic
- Right Ventricular Ejection Time
- Racial Volunteer Force (neo-Nazi group)
- Racing V-Four (motorcycle engine)
- Rated Voltage Factor
- Rational Valuation Formula (economics)
- Regio-Verkehrsbund Freiburg (Freiburg, Germany)
- Relaxed Vector Fitting (algorithm)
- Remote Virtual File (protocol)
- Residual Volume Fraction
- Retroversion-Flexion (uterine position)
- Right Ventricular Failure
- River Valley Flyers (Wisconsin)
- Right Visual Field of the Left Hemisphere
- Right Visual Field and Left Hemisphere (spatial processing)
- Right Visual Hemifield Advantage
- Real-Valued Function Class
- Recycled Vertical Flow Constructed Wetland (recycling method)
- Rio Vista Fire Department (Rio Vista, CA)
- Rockville Volunteer Fire Department (Rockville, MD)
- Ross Valley Fire Department (San Anselmo, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV) was first identified in 1931, after an investigation of an epizootic among sheep on a farm in the Great Rift Valley of Kenya, the understanding of this zoonotic disease has grown considerably (1).
Salim Al-Thubiani pointed out that the Department has not registered any cases of the disease after it has applied the plan of exploration and combating disease-carrying insects through the department concerning with treatment of parasitic diseases transmitted by insects such as malaria, dengue fever, Rift Valley fever, schistosomiasis, and leishmaniasis.
In March this year, for instance, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported nearly 90 suspected cases of Anthrax, while another reported case of rift valley fever was put under control.
We have a medical team which inspects all aircraft especially those arriving from areas infected with dengue and Rift Valley Fever to make sure that they are sprayed with disinfectants before they land at the airport.
9) An inactivated Rift Valley fever vaccine has been developed for human use but is not licenced or commercially available.
Rift Valley fever (RVF) is a viral zoonosis endemic to Africa (1) that primarily affects domestic ruminants, causing large epizootics with high mortality rates in young animals and abortions.
There were concerns regarding a possible outbreak of Rift Valley Fever, a livestock disease that killed 26 people and 8,500 animals in the country last year.