Cornelia's Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain section makes playful reference to the colours associated with political parties and is surely the single most fun, but serious exhibition seen at the BMAG in many a long year.
What does ROYGBIV stand for?
ROYGBIV stands for Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain (mnemonic for colors of the rainbow)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ROYGBIV
We have 2 other meanings of ROYGBIV in our Acronym Attic
- Romanian Orthodox Youth in America
- Reach Out! Youth Advisory Board (Australia)
- Raising Our Youth as Leaders
- Research on Youth and Language (Turkey)
- Retailer of the Year Award for Leadership (Florida Retail Federation)
- Reviewers of Young Adult Literature (Cincinnati, OH)
- Rely on Your Beliefs
- Republic of Yemen Government
- Red Orange Yellow Green Blue
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet (order of colors of the rainbow)
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink (rainbow colors song)
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet (colors of visible light spectrum)
- Royal Marines
- Royal Oak Youth Soccer Association (Michigan)
- Retire on Your Terms
- Royal Tern (bird species)
- Reconstruction Opportunity Zone
- Recoverable Oil Zone
- Republic of Zambia
- Research Oktan Zahl (German: research octane number)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The theme of this section, Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain, is designed to offer contrasts of colours and themes in a kaleidoscope of modern life.
Central Hall: Artist Cornelia Parker OBE, with a selection of colour-themed works she has collectively called: Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain.