A Rhode Island Supreme Court ruling restricts the state Ethics Commission from prosecuting core legislative actions, such as "proposing, passing or voting upon a particular piece of legislation.
What does RISC stand for?
RISC stands for Rhode Island Supreme Court (judiciary)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RISC
We have 85 other meanings of RISC in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Intelligence Support Center
- Regional Interagency Steering Committee (FEMA/Federal Response Plan)
- Regulatory Information Service Center (OMB)
- Repository for Individuals of Special Concern (US FBI)
- Research Group on Instability in Coronary Artery Disease
- Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (Linz, Austria)
- Responsible Internet Service Companies
- Restraint Information System Collection (Pennsylvania Department of Education)
- Retail Installment Sales Contract
- Rhode Island Striper Club
- Risk Information Sharing Consortium (National League of Cities)
- Risk Information Support Center
- Risk Institute for the Support of Communication
- RNA Induced Silencing Complex (ribonucleoprotein complex involved in mRNA degradation)
- Runway Incursion Severity Classification (ICAO)
- Rural Industries Service Centre (India)
- Reduced Instruction Set Computer Operating System
- Rhode Island School Counselor Association
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (Providence, RI)
- Routine in Situ Cloud and Aerosol Measurements (meteorology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this unusual Rhode Island case the Rhode Island Supreme Court set forth the law as to whether a physician has a right to stop his or her insurance carrier from settling a medical malpractice case.
Reversing an earlier decision that paint companies must pay for the clean-up of tens of thousands of homes contaminated with lead-based paint, the Rhode Island Supreme Court ruled in July that the companies are not responsible for leadbased paint abatement.
In a major setback for states seeking to abate lead paint hazards, the Rhode Island Supreme Court voted unanimously to overturn the only verdict in the country against the lead paint industry for creating a public nuisance.
The Rhode Island Supreme Court recently overturned a 2006 jury verdict against former manufacturers of lead pigment used in house paint decades ago.
Conley (history and constitutional law emeritus, Providence College) and Flanders, a former associate justice of the Rhode Island Supreme Court now in private practice, describe the fascinating history of Rhode Island's constitutional choices and an article-by-article analysis of the document as it now reads.
The Rhode Island Supreme Court has decided in favor of opponents of a proposed waste transfer station in Pawtucket, R.