At one turn per foot, and going 3,000 fps, it exits the bore spinning at 3,000 revolutions per second, 180,000 rpm.
What does RPS stand for?
RPS stands for Revolutions Per Second
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RPS
We have 373 other meanings of RPS in our Acronym Attic
- Research Publishing Services (Singapore and India)
- Resource Poor Settings (developing countries healthcare)
- Resource Provider Selection
- Restricted Party Screening
- Retail Payment Solutions (various companies)
- Retention Price Scheme (India)
- Retirement Plan Service (various locations)
- Retirement Planning Seminar
- Revenue per Share (finance)
- Review and Prioritization Subcommittee
- Ribosomal Protein
- Richmond Public Schools (Virginia)
- Ricoh Printing Systems (various locations)
- RIGS (Reconnaissance/Intelligence Ground System) Products and Services
- Ring Parameter Server (Token Ring)
- Risques Psycho-Sociaux (French: Psychosocial Risks; behavioral science)
- Rivervale Primary School (Singapore)
- Roadway Package Service
- Robotic Patient Simulators
- Robotic Precursor System
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Available in fast-pitch softball and baseball versions and marketed to college and high-school coaches, the RevFire gun detects a curveball's revolutions per second (RPS) by communicating with an internal sensor in the company's special baseballs and softballs.
When considering a spin rate of 1,122 revolutions per second, has anyone determined the diameter of the neutron star XTE J1739-285 ("Dance of the dead," SN: 3/17/07,p.
For wheels to appear to be moving forward they would need to rotate at more than 24 revolutions per second.
The motor spins at 1,666 revolutions per second, generating enough air pressure to dry hands without heat.
With the tire spinning at 60 revolutions per second, over 4,000 readings can be made with each profile.