In keeping with the objectives of the project, its status as an unprecedented pilot intervention, and its small scale, the evaluation gathered data through: * a pre- and post-test assessment of frequency of protected and unprotected anal intercourse; * a pre- and post-administration of the Revised UCLA Loneliness Scale (Russell, Peplau, & Cutrona, 1980) to measure self-perceived degree of social connection versus social isolation (see below); and * qualitative interviews with participants conducted after the conclusion of the intervention by a social science doctoral student who was himself a recent arrival from Mexico and independent of the intervention itself.
What does RULS stand for?
RULS stands for Revised UCLA Loneliness Scale
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RULS
- Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web
- Remaining Useful Life Evaluation Routine (for lubricants)
- Reference Letter From Your Office
- Russian-Ukrainian Legal Group
- Remote Ultralow Light Level Imaging
- Satellite Test of Remote Ultralow Light Level Imaging
- Reformed United Liberia Party (Liberia)
- Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Rail Union Learning Representatives (UK)
- Redeemable Unsecured Loan Stock
- Recreational Use of Land and Water Act (Pennsylvania)
- Radio Universitaria do Minho (Portugal)
- Random Utility Model (economics)
- Rational Use of Medicines
- Readiness Utilization Maintenance
- Real User Monitor (computing)
- Recinto Universitario de Mayaguez
- Recinto Universitario de Mayagüez
- Rectilinear Uniform Motion
- Reference Unique de Mandat (French: Unique Mandate Reference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NSHAP used a shortened version of one of the most widespread scales of loneliness: the Revised UCLA Loneliness Scale (R-UCLA) (Russell, Peplau, & Cutrona, 1980).
Validation of the revised UCLA loneliness scale for adolescents.