That's why the American Methodist Bishop William Willimon describes the stark reality of the resurrection this way: "Easter is not about the return of the robin in spring or crocuses or a butterfly coming out of the cocoon or any of that pagan drivel.
What does ROTR stand for?
ROTR stands for Return of the Robin (hockey tournament)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ROTR
We have 4 other meanings of ROTR in our Acronym Attic
- Robotic Officer Tactical Operations Research
- Robotic Tactical Operations Exoskeleton (game)
- Regular Officer Training Plan (Canadian military)
- Run of the Press (newspaper industry)
- Raid Over the River (game series)
- Rebels of the Rebellion (clan for the games Halo 2 and Halo 3)
- Reggae on the River
- Reign of the Rathalos (gaming website)
- Restaurants on the Run (restaurant delivery)
- Return of the Rentals (The Rentals music album)
- Rhythm on the Ridge (music festival; Rotterdam, NY)
- Ride On The Ridge (Blue Ridge Parkway motorcyclist gathering)
- Rise of the Reds (gaming modification, C&C Generals Zerohour)
- Rise of the Resistance (Disneys Star Wars attraction)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (game)
- Rock on the Range
- Roots on the Rails (train trips; Vermont)
- Rulers of the Ring (toy)
- Rules of the Road
- Rumble on the Rock (Rumble World Entertainment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The return of the robins, crows and other ground feeders lets gardeners know that it is time to plant the peas and onions.
One recent posting on illegal tax-avoidance schemes begins, "Like the emergence of daffodils and the return of the robin, the blossoming of permanent injunctions against flaky tax preparers is a perennial sign of the spring.