The Return to Flight mission had two purposes: to resupply the International Space Station (ISS), and to test new ways to examine and repair the shuttle in space.
What does RTF stand for?
RTF stands for Return To Flight
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RTF
We have 140 other meanings of RTF in our Acronym Attic
- Research Training Fellowship (various locations)
- Research Triangle Foundation (North Carolina)
- Residential Treatment Facility
- Resistance Transfer Factor
- Response Task Force
- Response to Forecast
- Restoring the Foundations (Hendersonville, NC)
- Return the Favor
- Return the Flag (gaming)
- Return to Factory
- Return to Floor
- Return To Force (military term for aircraft return home)
- Returns Transaction File
- Revision Task Force
- Rewrite the Future (education project)
- Rich Text Format
- Rigid Thermofoil (home improvement, laminate or veneer)
- Roads & Transport Forum
- Round Trip Flow (Ixia Communications)
- Run-Time Fault (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One memo from Associate Deputy Administrator James Jennings, dated February 17, stated that "The successful implementation of this effort is critical to the Agency's future as we prepare to return to flight and implement the President's Vision for U.
Shuttle flight delayed The space shuttle's return to flight has been postponed from NASA's June 2 launch date, following the discovery that one of the newly designed parts of the solid rocket boosters had failed during a test-firing on Dec.