The main active form of PPAR[gamma] is the retinoid X receptor (RXR)/ PPAR[gamma] heterodimer.
What does RXR stand for?
RXR stands for Retinoid X Receptor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RXR
We have 5 other meanings of RXR in our Acronym Attic
- Redundant Crystal Oscillator
- Regimental Executive Officer
- Researcher Exchange Programme (UK)
- Resonate Exchange Protocol
- Roaming Exchange Protocol (wireless networking)
- Prescribed Fire Planner (firefighting)
- Receive Queue
- Railroad Crossing
- Regular XML (Extensible Markup Language) Resource Description Framework
- Resource Exchange Register
- Retinoid X Receptor, Alpha
- Retinoid X Receptor, Beta
- Rank Xerox Research Centre (UK)
- Retinoid X Receptor Delta
- Retinoid X DNA Response Element
- Retinoid X Receptor Gamma
- Resonant X-Ray Scattering
- Roxas City, Philippines (Airport Code)
- Recreational Extreme Truck (International)
- Reservoir Exploration Technology (Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The harmful effects of the chemical on the liver and the nervous and immune systems in mammals are well known, but its powerful effects on the cellular components known as retinoid X receptors (RXRs) in a range of species are a recent discovery.
In addition, RXR[alpha] was found to be the predominant retinoid X receptor [20,21].
Modulators of the structural dynamics of the retinoid X receptor to reveal receptor function Nahoum V, Perez E, Germain P, Rodriguez-Barrios F, Manzo F, Kammerer S, Lemaire G, Hirsch O, Royer CA, Gronemeyer H, de Lera AR, and Bourguet W Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2007, 104, 17323-17328 The retinoid receptors RAR and RXR bind their ligand (i.
To varying degrees, in vitro and in vivo exposures in mice and frogs disrupted the normal function of retinoid X receptor [alpha], [beta], and [gamma] and/or peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor [gamma], all of which play key roles in a number of processes related to fat cell differentiation.
The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor: retinoid X receptor heterodimer is activated by fatty acids and fibrate hypolipidaemic drugs.