The original idea was that maybe these compounds work the way vitamin A works, by activating what are called retinoic acid receptors.
What does ROR stand for?
ROR stands for Retinoic Acid Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ROR
We have 89 other meanings of ROR in our Acronym Attic
- Regimental Orderly Room
- Registry of Resources
- Relational Operator Replacement
- Released on Own Recognizance
- Repair Of Repairables
- Repair or Return (various organizations)
- Replication Overhead Ratio (computer algorithms)
- Repository of Record
- Reservation of Rights
- Resources of a Resource (Extensible Markup Language format)
- Return on Relationships (value of relationship marketing)
- Return on Revenue (profitability)
- Return on Risk (investment calculation)
- Returned or Refunded
- Reuters Order Routing
- Revolutions On Request (artist group; Finland)
- Right of Rescission
- Rigs of Rods
- Rigs Of Rods (computer forum)
- Ring of Regeneration (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They evaluated Wtl (Wilms' tumor suppressor gene) mRNA splice variant ratios and reduced mRNAs of the Wtl transcriprional targets Sdcl (syndecan-1), Pax2 (paired box gene 2), Egfr (epidermal growth factor receptor), and retinoic acid receptor, alpha (Rar [alpha]).
Though vitamin A binds to its own retinoic acid receptor (RAR) and vitamin D binds to its own vitamin D receptor (VDR), they then bind to RXR.
A human retinoic acid receptor which belongs to the family of nuclear receptors.
In what he describes as a molecular fishing expedition, McNamara found that retinoic acid receptors can bind to two clock proteins--Clock and Mop4.
Tazarotene is the first of a new group of synthetic retinoids that selectively binds to retinoic acid receptors in the skin.
9:50 BREAK 10:10 "Expression of retinoic acid receptors by human sclera.
Once the chromosomal translocation was discovered which disrupted the retinoic acid receptor, this explained the blunted response to ATRA.