IBM sold its Retail Store Solutions (RSS) division to Toshiba, reducing hardware sales compared to last year.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Retail Store Solutions (IBM)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Resident Satisfaction Survey (various locations)
- Resident Set Size (*nix command)
- Resident Site Supervisor
- Residential Subscriber System
- Residential Support Services Inc.
- Residual Sum of Squares (statistics)
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) Site Summary (lightweight XML format)
- Resource Sharing System (libraries)
- Resources Status Review
- Résumé de Sortie Standardisé
Samples in periodicals archive:
Retail store solutions consist of POS systems and back office store systems, as well as order, inspection and inventory systems using portable terminals.
The IBM Market Growth Award has recognised the significant growth CRT, which now employs 14 people, achieved throughout 2007 for IBM Retail Store Solutions.
Gregg Margosian, business line executive, Software and Services, for IBM Retail Store Solutions, said, "Rapid growth in consumer sophistication has placed significant pressures on retailers to deliver innovative solutions that enhance their clients' store experiences.
This means that our customers now have the flexibility to use IBM POS Systems in both Ethernet wired or wireless configurations," said Tom Peterson, general manager, IBM Retail Store Solutions.