Tasers, known by their brand name, are used by police when an aggressive person does not respond to verbal commands, police have said.
What does RVC stand for?
RVC stands for Respond to Verbal Command
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVC
We have 95 other meanings of RVC in our Acronym Attic
- Rear View Camera (various companies)
- Rear Vision Camera (vehicles)
- Reconfigurable Video Coding
- Recovery Ventures Corporation (Black Mountain, NC)
- Regional Value Content
- Regional Visitor Center (USACE)
- Regional Vital Capacity
- Removable Valve Core (various companies)
- Rendez-Vous Canada (Canadian tourism marketplace)
- Renesas Design Vietnam Co., Ltd
- Retail Venture Capital
- Reticulated Vitreous Carbon (structural material)
- Reverse Voice Channel (Cellular Term)
- Review Code
- Richmond Volleyball Club (Henrico, VA)
- Rifle Volunteer Corps (British Army)
- Right Ventricular Coil
- River Valley Civilizations
- Roadside-to-Vehicle Communications
- Robust Video Communication
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dragon NaturallySpeaking is one of the world's leading speech recognition solutions, enabling the automatic conversion of speech into text at up to 160 words per minute and allowing software applications to respond to verbal commands.
They said, "It is clear that she' is conscious and responsive beyond mere reflexes, as has been demonstrated by her ability to track with her eyes, respond to verbal commands by physicians who examined her on video, and react to those she loves.
How do officers interpret policy when confronted by armed robbery suspects who respond to verbal commands to halt and remain turned away but refuse to drop weapons, to kneel or prone out, or to show their hands?