Video can make use of integrated services' resource reservation protocol (RSVP) to reserve bandwidth across an IP network, providing guaranteed service-quality levels.
What does RSVP stand for?
RSVP stands for Resource Reservation Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RSVP
We have 74 other meanings of RSVP in our Acronym Attic
- Relief Services for Veterinary Practitioners (est. 1992)
- Renewables for Sustainable Village Power
- Répondez S'il Vous Plaît (French: Reply, If You Please; commonly seen on invitations)
- Reports Scenario Verification Program
- Research and Supercomputing Visitor Program (National Center for Atmospheric Research)
- Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- Research Study Volunteer Program
- ReSerVation Protocol
- Residential Street Vitality Program
- Resolve to Stop the Violence Project
- Resources for Sexual Violence Prevention (University of Chicago)
- Respond So Very Promptly (satire)
- Responsible Social Values Program
- Restartable Solid Variable Pulse (rocket motor)
- Restoring Social Virtue and Purity (advocacy)
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Retirement Supplemental Voluntary Program
- Retrieve Sound Velocity Profile
- Revolutionary Surrealist Vandal Party
- Rhythm Speed Volume Pitch (communications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the future, Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) will be mapped to Catalyst 5500/5000 series priority queues, ensuring timely delivery of time-sensitive intranet applications.
The core technology of policy-based network management is the result of more than two years of development work by the Intel Architecture Labs and is based on the Common Open Policy Service (COPS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) standards.