On returning home, he was appointed as resident surgical officer at the Birmingham Children's Hospital in 1950, developing expertise in paediatric surgery over the next five years.
What does RSO stand for?
RSO stands for Resident Surgical Officer
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSO
We have 182 other meanings of RSO in our Acronym Attic
- Repeated Spike Oxidation
- Reported Significant Observation
- Republic South Ossetia
- Requirements Staff Officer (US DoD)
- Research and Statistics Office (various locations)
- Research Services Office (various locations)
- Reservation Service Officer
- Reserve Supplement Officer
- Reservoir Surveillance Operations
- Resident Space Object
- Retail Sales Officer
- Retirement Services Officer
- Return Sales Order
- Reusable Software Object
- Revised Statute of Ontario (Canada)
- Rick Simpson Oil (cannabis oil extraction)
- Ridgewood Symphony Orchestra (Ridgewood, NJ)
- Right Salpingoophorectomy
- Riverside County Sheriff's Office (California)
- Road Safety Officer (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The child of a medical family, Prof Collis gained his early experience of general surgery as resident surgical officer at the then Birmingham General Hospital, before becoming RSO at the Brompton Hospital, London, in 1938.