As part of the general business tax credit, IRC [section] 41 permits a tax credit for taxpayers who increase their expenditures for research and experimentation.
What does R&E stand for?
R&E stands for Research and Experimentation (tax credit)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of R&E
- Research and Development Contractor
- Research and Development Contract Search
- Research & Development Engineering
- Research & Development Electronic Security
- Research and Development Operations (US NASA)
- Research and Development Program Planning (Database; DTIC)
- Renewal and Extension
- Research & Engineering
- Research and Education
- Research and Evaluation
- Review & Evaluation
- Resource and Energy Economics (Journal)
- R&F Handmade Paints, Inc. (artist paint manufacturer; based on the initials of Richard Frumess)
- Radiography & Fluoroscopy
- Reach & Frequency
- Rockman & Forte (video game)
- Ron and Fez (radio talk show)
- Rhythm & Gangsta (Snoop Dogg album)
- Roast and Ground (coffee market)
- Reference & History
Samples in periodicals archive:
research universities and private sector technology companies, owns and operates a national-scale fiber optic infrastructure for research and experimentation in networking technologies and applications.
16) The 1989 proposed regulations"(17) retained the requirement of the 1983 proposed regulations that R&E costs be "aimed at the discovery of new knowledge" or result from "searching for new applications of either research and experimentation findings or other knowledge.
5) See the cases cited in Swanson, Tax Treatment of Research and Experimentation Expenditures, 34 Taxes 541 (1956), and Miller, Research and Development Costs, N.