They cover the publication, citation, and bibliometric assessment of research; whether peer review, refereeing, and their discontents are a failed model or simply the least worst option; changing assessment models in Britain from the Research Assessment Exercise to the Research Excellence Framework; perils of peer review in a small country as illustrated by the Performance Based Research Fund in New Zealand; and the National University Corporations as a case study of research evaluation in Japan.
What does RAE stand for?
RAE stands for Research Assessment Exercise
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RAE
We have 70 other meanings of RAE in our Acronym Attic
- Rally Advance Excellent (canine obedience title)
- Range, Azimuth, Elevation (radars)
- Rated as Equivalent (pay claims; UK)
- Real Academia Española (Royal Spanish Academy, organization that defines Spanish language standards)
- Realtors Association of Edmonton (Edmonton, Canada)
- Red de Agricultura Ecológica (Spanish: Organic Agriculture Network; Peru)
- Regional Account Executive
- Registro de Aparato Elevador (Spanish: Register of Lifting Appliances)
- Regulatory Authority for Energy
- Remedial Action Exemption (medical products; US FDA)
- Research, Assessment and Evaluation (various locations)
- Reserve Assignment Eligibility
- Residue After Evaporation
- Resumen Analítico Educativo (Spanish)
- Retinol Activity Equivalent (nutrition)
- Revue Archéologique de l'Est (French: Archaeological Review of the East; journal)
- Right Above Elbow (amputation)
- Right Atrial Enlargement
- Right of Assistance Entry (US DoD)
- Ring-Adair-Elwyn (endotracheal tube used in orofacial surgery)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The national Research Assessment Exercise shows that world-leading research is being carried out at Bangor in all of our 19 assessed subject areas.
During her tenure as Dean, the school was also assessed as part of the research assessment exercise for the first time in 2008.
BANGOR University's Business School has been rated as the best in the UK in the most recent UK Research Assessment Exercise research in accounting and finance.
The results of last year's Research Assessment Exercise, due to be published next week, are expected to continue this trend, with the best universities awarded high levels of funding and excellent departments in other institutions also rewarded.
According to the results of the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008 published in December, the Edinburgh School of Architecture and landscape Architecture, which combines research from the University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh College of Art, leads Scotland in research in architecture, landscape architecture and the built environment.
NEARLY 70% of the work entered by the University of Teesside for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) was classified as being of international quality or higher.
CITY UNIVERSITY'S optometry department is celebrating after receiving recognition for the high quality of its research in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).