In our case, the buyer, as legal agent for the director of nursing at The Medical Center (the requiring activity with the need for contracted nurses) was a warranted contracting officer assigned to support The Medical Center.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Requiring Activity (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Rental Agreement
- Repair Authorization
- Repeat and Accumulate (type codes)
- Representative Assembly (various organizations)
- Republic Act (Philippines)
- Republic of Armenia
- República Argentina
- Requested Article (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Requesting Activity (CEFMS)
- Requirements Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
28) Requiring Activity Advocacy For-or-Against Small Business Set-Aside Decisions The USAR requiring activity may use the ASM to communicate information that informs and advocates for the requiring activity position concerning the contracting officer's evaluation of whether to set aside certain acquisitions for small businesses.
The requiring activity is the organization that identifies what it needs and when it needs it.
For example, in a garrison environment, the requiring activity (the unit) is still responsible for preparing the requirement package needed to initiate the process.
Ensuring the proper use of non-DoD contract vehicles requires an emphasis on market research, acquisition planning and early involvement in the procurement process by requiring activity, contracting, and financial management personnel.
The requiring activity or organization contracts with a vendor to perform services or deliver goods, then various documents (e.