To this end, it collaborated with the Population Council's USAIO-funded Frontiers in Reproductive Health program, the Reproductive Health Research Unit of the University of Witwatersrand, and the Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases of the Nelson Mandela School of Medicine at the University of Natal.
What does RHRU stand for?
RHRU stands for Reproductive Health Research Unit (South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of RHRU in our Acronym Attic
- Round Holland Reliability Run (car race)
- Rural Health Research Register
- Reactor Heat-Removal System
- Regional Horticultural Research Station (Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India)
- Residual Heat Removal System
- Revised Hazard Ranking System
- Rockfall Hazard Rating System (US DOT)
- Rolling Hills Recording Studios (Maryland)
- Revised Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (psychology)
- Rabbit Hole Radio Theatre (OpenStage Theatre & Company; Colorado)
- Reaching Higher Reaching Wider (UK)
- Radford High School (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Radiation Health and Safety
- Rahway High School (New Jersey)
- Rainhill High School, United Kingdom
- Rainier High School (Rainier, WA)
- Rains High School (Emory, Texas)
- Rainwater Harvesting System
- Ramsey-Hunt Syndrome
- Randallstown High School (Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers at the Reproductive Health Research Unit in Durban, South Africa, conducted studies to assess the performance and acceptability of the new female condom and found that there was no difference in performance.
Acknowledgments We thank Julie Pulerwitz for her contribution to our formative analytic ideas and the evaluation team at the Reproductive Health Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, and Development Research Africa, which helped collect the data used in this analysis.
Frontiers in Reproductive Health and the Reproductive Health Research Unit are collaborating with various agencies to develop the policies and guidelines.
AMANITARE was launched in Uganda in 2000 and has three main focuses of work: * Advocating for freedom from gender-based violence (coordinated by the Isis Women's International Cross-Cultural Exchange, Uganda); * Integrating women's rights into health care delivery (coordinated by the Reproductive Health Research Unit, South Africa); and * Reaching out to new generations (coordinated by Girl's Power Initiative, Nigeria).
Around the world, HIV infects about 1 percent of 15-24-year-olds, but in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, more than 14 percent of people in this age group are infected, according to a 2003 population-based survey by Lovelife and the Reproductive Health Research Unit in Johannesburg.