His body was recovered by the CS Mackay-Bennett, a cable repair ship which was used to recover bodies left floating in the Atlantic after the ship sank.
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Repair Ship
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Autosomal Recessive (genetics; recessive gene on one of the 23 pairs of autosomes)
- Auxiliary Receiver
- Auxiliary Relay
- Auxiliary Room
- Avance-Retard (French)
- Avis de Réception (Canada Post)
- Axial Ratio
- Ayn Rand (novelist and philosopher)
- End of message / Out (logging abbreviation)
- Postal Fiscal (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- attributable risk percent
- Applied Research and Development
- Automated Rendezvous and Docking
- American Running and Fitness Association (Bethesda, MD)
- Air Rescue and Firefighting
- Arastirma-gelistirme (Turkish: Research & Development)
- Availability, Reliability, and Maintainability
- Aircraft Repair and Supply Center
- First-Order Autoregressive
- Army Reserve CONUS
Samples in periodicals archive:
uk repair ship and later buried in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In light of the recent SEA-ME-WE 4 cable cut and according to the latest updates from the cable operator, du would like to update its customers on further developments; the cable repair ship responsible for restoring operation is expected to reach the site of the cable cut on 17/4/2010.
The cable repair ship is expected to arrive today at the site of the damage between Alexandria and Sicily.
lt;p>The repair ship the "Raymond Croz," which had just finished repairing the first break, was on its way to Sicily on Monday to pick up more cable to repair the second break, which happened more than 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) under the sea, the spokesman said.
Charlie suffered a hernia and was taken to Portsmouth, where HMS Resource, a heavy repair ship, was deployed as a senior officer's ship.
A repair ship was expected to begin work to fix the two Mediterranean cables.