But the rest of the article, which maintains that a national renewable portfolio standard (RPS) is impractical, is off the mark.
What does RPS stand for?
RPS stands for Renewable Portfolio Standard
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RPS
We have 373 other meanings of RPS in our Acronym Attic
- Registration Practice Statement
- Regulatory Position Statement (environment; UK)
- Relative Phase Shift
- Remittance Processing System
- Remote Planning System
- Remote Power System (Yuasa)
- Remote Processing Station
- Remote Proposal System
- Renal Pathology Society
- Renal Pressor Substance
- Renewable Portfolio System (energy)
- Renewable Power Solutions (San Jose, CA)
- Repair Program Software
- Repetitive Payment System (insurance)
- Replacement Parts Service (Missouri)
- Repressed Pirate Syndrome
- Requests per Second (network traffic measurement)
- Requirements Planning System (various companies)
- Research in Patient Safety (Maryland)
- Research Publishing Services (Singapore and India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Sustainable Energy Division will be funded through payments from electric utilities under the renewable portfolio standards that require specific percentages of generation from renewable sources and the Regional Greenhouse Initiative.
Currently, more than half the states in the nation have adopted renewable portfolio standards (RPS), including Colorado and New Mexico, where Tri-State serves member co-ops.