5), who reported a series of 10 patients with renal vein thrombosis.
What does RVT stand for?
RVT stands for Renal Vein Thrombosis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVT
We have 44 other meanings of RVT in our Acronym Attic
- Racing V-Twin (motorcycle)
- Radiation Verification Testing
- Recreational Vehicle Trader (website)
- Red Vein Thai
- Regional Vocational Technical (high school)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers)
- Registered Veterinary Technician
- Reliability Verification Test
- Remote Video Terminal
- Remote Visual Testing
Samples in periodicals archive:
DIAGNOSIS Right renal vein varix DISCUSSION A frequent incidental finding, renal varices can be idiopathic or associated with either renal vein thrombosis, obstruction, or congenital anomalies of inferior vena cava, as well as azygous or portal hypertension.
One patient with [alpha]-thalassemia had kidney abscesses and renal vein thrombosis, followed by femoral deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolus.
12,16 Renal artery occlusion and renal vein thrombosis are both devastating complications seen in the early post operative period that can rapidly lead to graft loss.
30) Renal vein thrombosis is an early complication that can be secondary to surgical technique, compression of the renal vein by a fluid collection, or hypovolemia.