The contract was awarded by Portugal Telecom, a global telecommunications company based in Portugal, and calls for the protection of several hundred remote switching sites and regional offices with VSK's electronic security products.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Remote Switching Sites (Bellcore)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Site Subsystem/System
- Remote Slave Station
- Remote Standalone Secondary
- Remote Station Scanner (Alcatel)
- Remote Storage Service
- Remote Subscriber Service
- Remote Subscriber Stage (Sonera)
- Remote Supervisory Station
- Remote Surveillance System (Tom Clancy)
- Remote Switch Subsystem
- Remoting Subsystem
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome
- Replacement Service System
- Repubbliche Socialiste Sovietiche (Italian: Soviet Socialist Republics)
- Republic of Singapore Ship
- Request for Supplies and Services
- Requirement Spread Sheet
- Requisitions Self Service
- Rescue Swimmer School (Navy and Marine Corps)
- Research Support Services (Vanderbilt Medical Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Compact MSCi supports up to 50,000 subscribers and is designed to support small markets and rural or remote switching sites.
AT&T Network Systems will supply and install more than 100,000 lines, upgrading existing switching sites at Marioteya, Pyramid, Opera, Giza and Mokattam, and adding new remote switching sites at Kerdassa, Shobrament and Gleem.