Under those Consent Decrees, the settling parties performed a Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study, reimbursed more than $3 million state costs prior to 1999, and are installing, and must maintain a new landfill cap, leachate collection system and groundwater monitoring system.
What does RI/FS stand for?
RI/FS stands for Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 5 other meanings of RI/FS in our Acronym Attic
- Receiver Initiated Busy Tone Multiple Access
- Recessive Intermediate A Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Reconfigurable Integrated Dispersive Delay Line (electrical engineering)
- Rockwell International - Energy Systems Group
- Retinoic Acid Induced Heparin Binding Protein
- Serially Concatenated System with Rotational Invariance
- Rotationally Invariant Serial Concatenated Trellis-Coded Modulation
- Rotationally Invariant Trellis-Coded Modulation
- Resonance Ionization Time-Of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
- Remedial Investigation Baseline Risk Assessment
- Research Institute for Information Technology (Kyushu University; Japan)
- Rack Interface Agreement
- Radiation Induced Attenuation (optical fibers)
- Radioiodine Ablation
- Radiosonde Initial Analysis
- Railway Industry Association (UK)
- Random Insanity Alliance (gaming clan; Cyber Nations)
- Range Insensitive Axis
- Rapid Impact Assessment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Woodward-Clyde conducted a Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS) at a former solvent reclaimer and fuel blender site.
Company X completes a remedial investigation/feasibility study for $500,000, which results in remediation and monitoring costs of $10 to $15 million.
Versar's responsibilities include finalizing documents detailing the remedial investigation/feasibility study, developing a remedial action plan, and working with the regulatory agencies to gain approval of the plan.
The Order, issued in accordance with the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), requires GE to perform a Removal Action and a Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study to investigate the nature and full horizontal and vertical extent of contamination at the site, and to develop and evaluate potential cleanup alternatives.
Tasks are primarily expected to consist of remedial investigation/feasibility study and environmental compliance work at the depot.
This settlement mandates Solutia and Pharmacia to hire EPA-approved contractors to conduct a Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS).
EPA officials will discuss the status of the Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS) and present information regarding the Interim Action Proposed Plan for the site.