Meanwhile, nearly three-quarters of search assignments conducted in 2011-2012 featured a salary with production bonus, and the majority of those bonuses are based on a Relative Value Units (RVU) formula, according to the study.
What does RVU stand for?
RVU stands for Relative Value Unit (factor used in pricing of medical services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVU
We have 2 other meanings of RVU in our Acronym Attic
- Rotating Variable Throat Nozzle
- Reentry Vehicle Technology & Observables (NASA)
- Roanoke Valley Therapeutic Riding Program (Boones Mill, VA)
- Regional Vocational Technical School
- Remote Vocational Training Scheme Ltd. (Albury, New South Wales, Australia)
- Reconciling Vertical Temperature Trends
- Reconfigurable Vehicle Tactical Trainer (US Army)
- Rogue Valley Community Television
- [not an acronym] (networking technology; pronounced "r-view")
- Regional Vancouver Urban Observatory (Canada)
- Release Version Update
- Respiratory Virus Unit (various locations)
- Rocky Vista University (Aurora, CO)
- Ramapo Valley Ultralight Club (United States Ultralight Association; Bloomingburg, NY)
- Rural Virginia United Coalition (Saluda, VA)
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Aurora, CO)
- Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (thermal power initiative; India)
- Resource Valuation and Use Research (USDA Forest Service)
- Round Valley Unified School District (Apache County, AZ)
- Radio Vallées Vosges (French radio station)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Deitelzweig added that incentives can be tied to the gamut of hospital goals, from increasing relative value units (RVUs) and diagnosis-related group payment to quality and outcomes measures such as mortality and complication rates.
I predicted at the beginning of the year that we could increase relative value units (RVUs)/patient visit by 10 percent simply by monitoring this metric and with some basic education.
00 Paperback R728 Relative value units (RVUs) are nonmonetary, numeric values that Medicare uses to represent the comparative amount of physician time, resources, and expertise needed to provide various services to patients.
The work relative value units (RVUs) earned by different subspecialties in academic radiology may differ by a large magnitude, according to data supplied by the Association of Administrators in Academic Radiology.
Unilateral turbinate codes also differ in their numbers of global days and relative value units (RVUs).
The Urban Institute: Analysis of 1998 and 2004 Medicare Physician/Supplier Claims Files and Relative Value Unit Files.