Regardless of whether the HIM employee is a registered health information technician (RHIT), a registered health information administrator (RHIA), or is simply non-credentialed, proper training on HIM policies and procedures, specific duties, and relevant regulations is necessary for the department to be effective and meet facility goals.
What does RHIT stand for?
RHIT stands for Registered Health Information Technician
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RHIT
We have 2 other meanings of RHIT in our Acronym Attic
- Rush Hour Information Program (LifeWay Christian Resources)
- Rank Has Its Responsibilities (corollary to Rank Has Its Privileges)
- Rochester HIV Interview Rating Scale (education-program assessment)
- Rain and Hail Insurance Society (various locations)
- Redlands Horticultural and Improvement Society (Redlands, CA)
- Regional Housing Investment Strategy (UK)
- REUTERS Health Information Services
- River Heights Intermediate School (Corona, CA)
- routine health information systems
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana Sports Program
- Registered Health Information Technologist
- Rich Husbands In Training
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Rubella Hemagglutination-Inhibition Test
- Reproductive Health Initiative for Youth in Asia
- Randers Hadsund Jernbane (Danish: Randers Hadsund Railway; Denmark)
- Right Ho, Jeeves (book)
- Ripplewood Holdings Japan International (Belgium)
- Residence Hall Judicial Board (college dorms)
- Rose Hill Junior High
Samples in periodicals archive:
Registered Health Information Technicians (RHITs) can now get an online Bachelor of Science degree in health information management (HIM) in about two years from the University of Cincinnati (UC).