Ynys Mon's application for geopark status has been submitted by GeoMon, the Geodiversity Partnership which includes representatives from the county council, Countryside Council for Wales, Menter Mon, and the Gwynedd and Mon Regionally Important Geological Sites Group.
What does RIGS stand for?
RIGS stands for Regionally Important Geological Site
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RIGS
We have 8 other meanings of RIGS in our Acronym Attic
- Radiation-Induced Graft Polymerization
- Regular Inverse Galois Problem (mathematics)
- Retirement Income Guarantee Plan (Xerox)
- Rock Island Grand Prix (Moline, IL)
- Rural Income Generation Project (various aid organizations)
- Rhode Island Genealogical Register (est. 1978)
- Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River (US National Park Service)
- Center for Research on International and Global Studies (University of California, Irvine)
- Radio Immuno Guided Surgery
- Reconnaissance/Intelligence Ground Systems
- Repeat Induced Gene Silencing (biology)
- Research Institute for Growth Strategy (Japan)
- Rhode Island Genealogical Society (Greenville, RI)
- Responsibility in Gambling Trust (UK)
- Research Institute of Geodesy, Topography and Cartography (Czech Republic)
- Research Institute for Groundwater (National Water Research Center; Egypt)
- Ramapo Indian Hills (New Jersey high school)
- Registered Industrial Hygienist (Association of Professional Industrial Hygienists)
- Remote Island Head
- Rest in Heaven
Samples in periodicals archive:
The rocky area on the side of the exit road from the car park of Wickes store near the inner ring road was selected and notified to the local authorities as a Regionally Important Geological Site in February 1992.
In addition the sandstone in the old carriage drive in the woods made it a regionally important geological site.