M Peden Co-ordinator, Unintentional Injury Prevention, Department of Violence and Injury Prevention and Disability, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, Geneva, Switzerland O Kobusingye Research Fellow, School of Public Health, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, and Research Fellow, University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa M E Monono Technical Officer, Violence and Injury Prevention and Disability, World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Cite du Djoue, Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo Corresponding author: M Peden (pedenm@who.
What does AFRO stand for?
AFRO stands for Regional Office for Africa (World Health Organization)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFRO
- Advanced First Responder Network (Iraq)
- Agri-Food Research Network (online forum)
- Alabama First Responder Network (radio project)
- Armed Forces Radio Network
- Africa News Service
- Air Force Retiree News Service
- Action for Reach Out (est. 1993; Hong Kong)
- Air Force Recruiting Office
- Air Force Retention Office
- Anthony, Fez, Ron, Opie (radio shows)
- African Networks for Health Research & Development
- Air Force Requirements Oversight Council
- Alternative Free Response Receiver Operating Characteristic
- Association of Freestanding Radiation Oncology Centers
- Air Force Requirements for Operational Capabilities Council
- African Forum and Network on Debt and Development (South Africa)
- African Forum on Debt and Development
- Association of Internally Displaced Afro-Colombians (Washington, DC)
- Applying Formal Methods to Real-size Object-Oriented Designs in Technical Environments
- A Free Range Organic Geek
Samples in periodicals archive:
The World Health Organization Regional office for Africa, with support from the government of Norway held a Regional Consultation on Tobacco and Trade in Windhoek from 4 to 6 February.
This programme is prepared by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) regional office for Africa.
Additionally, USAID supports CDC and the World Health Organization's Regional Office for Africa in designing and implementing Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response in 46 countries in Africa, with additional technical assistance to 8 African countries.
The World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa (WHO/AFRO) has implemented a Division of Healthy Environments and Sustainable Development to identify, control, and prevent environmental conditions that adversely impact human health in the context of sustainable development.
The first Director of the Regional Office for Africa is Joshua Gwitira of Zimbabwe, who until recently had been Deputy Director of Enda Zimbabwe, a rural and urban development agency.