Establishment of the Regional Medical Library (RML) Network in 1967 marked a major change in NLM's role from being a central source for medical information to serving as a comprehensive backup resource to a hierarchical RML Network made up of 11 geographically dispersed regional libraries, 100 academic medical libraries, and some 500-600 hospital and other local health libraries (Bunting, 1987, p.
What does RML stand for?
RML stands for Regional Medical Library (funded by the National Library of Medicine, USA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RML
We have 112 other meanings of RML in our Acronym Attic
- Rainbowfish Mailing List
- Ram Manohar Lohia (Indian hospital)
- Random Microlenticular
- Ray Mallock, Ltd. (automotive/racing engineering company; UK)
- Raynworth Marketing Limited (Switzerland)
- Read My Lips
- Recherche Marketing en Ligne (French: Online Marketing Research)
- Recovered Mass Loss
- Refrigerant Moisture Level
- Regional Medical Laboratory (Tulsa, OK)
- Regional or Minority Language (EU)
- Relational Markup Language
- Relative Movement Line (navigation)
- Remember My Love
- Remind Me Later
- Remote Maintenance Loopback (Hekimian)
- Remote Microwave Link
- Rencontres Musicales en Lorraine (French: Musical Encounters in Lorraine)
- Rescue Motor Launch (US Navy)
- Research Machines Limited
Samples in periodicals archive:
As I approached regional public library systems about participating in our NN/LM project, some public library staff were familiar with the Regional Medical Library (RML) and were taking advantage of resources available there.
The Regional Medical Library Network, now the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), supported by the National Library of Medicine, has been the foundation for interlibrary loan among health sciences libraries since its inception in 1965.
National Network of Libraries of Medicine For more than twenty-five years, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) has been providing special support for the dissemination of medical information across the United States through its Regional Medical Library Program (RMLP), now known as the NNLM.