partner innovation - the symbiosis between business and science in an efficient regional innovation system.
What does REGIS stand for?
REGIS stands for Regional Innovation System (economic development)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of REGIS
We have 2 other meanings of REGIS in our Acronym Attic
- Receptors of the Epidermal Growth Factor (pathology)
- Recombinant Epidermal Growth Factor
- Regulatory Environmental Group for Missouri
- Raptor Education Group Inc (Wisconsin)
- Retired Employee Group Insurance (Nevada)
- Registering Identities
- Real Estate Group International Inc. (New York, NY)
- Research Group on Intelligent Machines (Tunisia)
- Réseau de Transport Collectif de La Gaspésie et des Îles-De-La-Madeleine (Canadian public transportation service)
- Regional Information System
- Remote Graphics Instruction Set
- Research Group in International Security (Montreal, Canada)
- Research Group on Information Seeking (est. 1994; University of Tampere; Finland)
- Research Program in Environmental Planning and Geographic Information Systems
- Reliance Energy Generation Ltd.
- Reserve & Guard Logistic Operations-Streamline
- Renal Epithelial Cell Growth Medium (biology)
- Ruth Estrin Goldberg Memorial
- Regular Navy
- Registration Notification
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore, the foundation for the empirical study is set by the introduction of regional innovation systems and the concepts of regional embeddedness and proximity.
Universities can act as hubs of regional innovation systems and can provide a focus for networking between knowledge producers and users within a region, while linking them to more global knowledge networks.
Even if the idea of a regional innovation system focuses more on governance, and that of innovative milieus on the interrelations between local economic actors, both notions put entrepreneurship and technological innovation at the centre of their concern.
Characteristics of Collaborations in Product Innovation in the Regional Innovation System of East-Gothia," European Planning Studies 10: 563-81.
In order to emphasize the importance of regions in the process of innovative activities, the regional innovation systems concept was developed (Cooke 1992, 1996).
He describes the evolution of Chinese technology and policy, its international links, and its current trajectory, and considers national reform programs, regional innovation systems, and Shanghai's development as a knowledge center.
However, Catalonia's productivity is slipping, relative to other OECD regions, necessitating the transition to a productivity-driven growth model through a stronger regional innovation system.