In the lead story, "Making Do," Dan Kostecka takes us to East Africa in 1940, where an ill-equipped and ill-supplied contingent of the Royal Air Force and its British Commonwealth allies face off against Italy's Regia Aeronautica.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Regia Aeronautica (Italian Royal Air Force)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Red Alert (computer game)
- Red Armageddon (gaming clan)
- Red Armor (gaming)
- Red Armour (Quake)
- Red Army (counterstrike gaming clan)
- Red Army (WWII Soviet army)
- reduced ameloblasts
- Reduction Area
- Reduction in Area
- Refractory Anemia (blood disorder)
- Regional Administrator
- Regional Anesthesia
- Regional Associate
- Regional Association
- Registered Architect
- Registered Aromatherapist (professional certification)
- Registraramerica (domain name registrar)
- Registration Agent (SIF)
- Registration Authority
- Règle Administrative (French: Administrative Rule; various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The marriage of Italian airframes and German engines produced some of the war's best fighters for Italy's Regia Aeronautica and served as an example of what might have been accomplished within a properly functioning coalition.
Sullivan's essay on the destruction of the Regia Aeronautica in World War II are the best examples.
23) Only in the Savoia-Marchetti SM 79--of which they had 594 available in June 1940--did the Regia Aeronautica have an effective bomber.