He said women do not have such a strong refractory period - which is a recovery phase when the body calms down - and may be wondering why their partners have lost all interest when they just want more.
What does RP stand for?
RP stands for Refractory Period
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RP
We have 105 other meanings of RP in our Acronym Attic
- Red Phosphorous
- Red Pig
- Reduced Pressure
- Reese's Pieces (candy)
- Refah Partisi (Welfare Party of Turkey)
- Reference Percentile
- Reference Point
- Reference Preparation
- Reference Publication
- Reform Party
- Regimental Policeman (British Army)
- Région Parisienne (French region containing Paris)
- Regional Processor
- Regionale Patrouillevaartuig (Dutch)
- Regis Philbin
- Register Bank Pointer (computer programming)
- Registered Paralegal
- Registered Paraplanner (finance)
- Registered Parliamentarian
- Registered Plumber (certification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stoleru said that women do not have such a strong refractory period - which is a recovery phase when the body calms down.
However, there are preliminary data suggesting that alcohol reduces the atrial effective refractory period, which would be expected to have an atrial arrhythmogenic effect, Dr.
In the isolated rabbit heart preparations, Reiter et al (3) found that the increase of the LV volume resulted in the abbreviation of the LV effective refractory periods which was the most pronounced in the apical area.
This is followed by a refractory period during which it's difficult to get sexually excited again.