Among the proposed IPPS changes published in May are a new methodology for defining relative weights based on hospital-specific costs and refined diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) to more effectively use Medicare coding to recognize the severity of illnesses.
What does RDRG stand for?
RDRG stands for Refined Diagnosis-Related Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of RDRG in our Acronym Attic
- Rockaway Development and Revitalization Corporation (New York)
- Rural Development Research Consortium (University of California, Berkeley; Berkeley, CA)
- Rwanda Demobilization and Reintegration Commission (est. 1977)
- Radar Countermeasure(s)
- Readability Report of Raw Data
- Receive Descriptor Ring Entry
- Recherche, Développement, Réalisation et Exploitation (French: Research, Development, Production and Operations)
- Receive Data Register Full
- Road Danger Reduction Forum (London, England, UK)
- Rx Data Register Full
- Relationship Development Research Institute
- Red Dog Racing League (online gaming)
- Red Dwarf References List (book)
- Royal Drugs Research Laboratories (Nepal)
- Return Data Relay Measurement
- Red Deer River Municipal Users Group (Canada)
- Rapidly Deployable Radio Network
- Right Decisions, Right Now (anti-tobacco program)
- Racing Dog Rescue Project
- Rapid Debt-Repayment Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Severity-based Case Mix Grouping Because an objective of the new funding methodology was to recognize differences in patient severity, the decision was made to use refined diagnosis-related groups (RDRG) as a transitional severity-of-illness system until a more clinically valid system could be implemented.
Under the APR DRG system, the ability to accurately capture the resources used by each patient will be essential to providers' viability," continued Waldo, referring to the all-patient refined diagnosis-related groups classification system proposed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for 2007.