The trio of environmentalists ditched their clothes to wear nothing but red body paint when Thomson Airways promoted the UK's first commercial flight fuelled by recycled vegetable oil last October.
What does RVO stand for?
RVO stands for Recycled Vegetable Oil
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RVO
We have 22 other meanings of RVO in our Acronym Attic
- Retrolabyrinthine Vestibular Nerve Section
- Rostral Ventral Nucleus of the Trapezoid Body
- Roanoke Valley .NET User Group (Virginia)
- Released Value Not Exceeding (shipping, business)
- Retirement Villages New Zealand
- Racing Vaunage Organisation (French car racing organization)
- Radio Val d'Or (French radio station)
- Reader Voice Over
- Rechtsverordnung (German: legal decree)
- Reciprocal Velocity Obstacle
- Regional Veterinary Officer (UK)
- Remediation Venture Office (US Army)
- Remote Virtual Office (Citrix Systems computing)
- Renewable Volume Obligation (US EPA)
- Representatieve Vakorganisaties
- Request for Variation Order (prior to VO approval)
- Retinal Vein Occlusion (eye condition)
- Return Value Optimization
- Rhonda's Virtual Office (Cincinnati, OH)
- Royal Victorian Order (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The protesters wore nothing but red body paint when Thomson Airways promoted the UK's first commercial flight fuelled by recycled vegetable oil last October.
For this flight the carrier said that it was using a biofuel made from recycled vegetable oil supplied by SkyNRG which is a 50/50 mixture of biofuel and ordinary jet fuel.
We're currently looking at the possibility of using recycled vegetable oil from restaurants," said Amair Saleem, director of safety, risk, regulation and planning at RTA.
The enormous spectators' Tented Village - home to everything from merchandise stores to food outlets - will be powered by bio-fuel made from recycled vegetable oil.
Energy for the fest will be provided by sun-powered batteries and recycled vegetable oil.
It runs lighting from solar charged batteries, all the company's electricity is powered by the wind and the sun, materials are recycled wherever possible and the company's van runs on recycled vegetable oil.