RECTUM The colon passes into the relatively short rectum, which ends in the anus.
What does PROCTO- stand for?
PROCTO- stands for Rectum (Prefix)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Corporacion de Proyectos Comunales de El Salvador (Spanish)
- Programa de Defesa do Consumidor (Brazil)
- Proof of Concept Program for Air Force Medical Prototypes
- Programmed Contraction Tension (Audi cable-operated safety feature for pulling steering wheel away from driver in event of crash)
- Programa de Controle da Poluição do Ar por Veículos Automotores (Motor Vehicles Air Pollution Control Program; Brazil)
- Peruvian-German Cooperative Program for Fisheries Investigations
- Programme de Recherche-Développement sur l'Elevage en Afrique de l'Ouest
- Professional Congress Organization System (informatics)
- Programme de Coordination pour La Santé Intégrée (French: Program Coordination for Integrated Health; Switerzland)
- Procedure Storage Database
- Problem Cause Tactic/Treatment output result (crime prevention)
- Professional Certification Testing Organization (NASD)
- Professional Content Writers
- Parental Rights and Obligations Department
- Policy Reform Options Database (Central Bureau of Health Intelligence; India)
- Political Research: Organization and Design (journal)
- Production Value (Hockey stat = Ice time divided by points scored)
- Professional Drivers Council, Inc.
- Prompt Return Obsolete of Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gonorrhea infection of the pharynx and rectum is usually asymptomatic, but data show that these areas can be reservoirs of infection that can be transmitted during oral or anal sex, Dr.
If we see, on the other hand, that the endometriosis is either invading or firmly attached to the rectal muscularis propria, we know that chances of successfully scraping the lesion(s) off the rectum will be very low.
A doctor uses a thin, flexible tube with a light (sigmoidoscope) to look inside the colon and rectum for growths or abnormal areas.
Sigmoidoscopy Sigmoidoscopy (SIG-moy-DAH-skuh-pee) enables the physician to look at the inside of the large intestine from the rectum through the last part of the colon, called the sigmoid colon.
Alternative tests look for cancer-causing mutations in the DNA of cells shed from the colon and rectum into feces.